It’s a super simple snack anytime of the day and turns out it doesn’t require too many ingredients to do any of it.
Looks can be quite deceptive just like the sandwich picture below.
- 8 bread slices
- 2 big onions
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 2 medium sized capsicums
- 500 gms cottage cheese
- Chilly powder (optional)
- Salt (optional)
- Cilantro spread
- Lemon (optional)
Quick tip: Use the brown bread or the multigrain one, it works well with both.
Here’s how you can do a super simple cilantro (coriander) chutney or spread or dip.
- A bunch of fresh cilantro twigs
- 2 medium sized green chillies
- 1/2 sliced lemon (optional)
- Wash and chop cilantro and chillies unevenly
- Add to blender with salt and blend until it forms a smooth paste
Your cilantro chutney spread or dip is ready. If it turns out spicier than you expected, sprinkle some lime into it.
Preparation time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Wash, peel and slice the vegetables into thin slices and keep aside
- In a frying pan, prepare some minced cottage cheese, add some red chilly powder and salt
- Spread the butter and top it with the cilantro spread
- Arrange the vegetables and the cottage cheese in the quantities you like and your sandwiches are ready
Team it up with a fruit juice or a hot cup of coffee and you’re good for a few hours.
More recipes right here!