You got some rice left over from your lunch or dinner but don’t seem to have any curry or vegetables to accompany with it and are low on grocery supplies for the day. Here’s what you can do with some bare minimum spices, vegges and some other ingredients if you have them else this is good even otherwise.
- 250 grams left over rice
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 dried red chillies
- 6 to 8 medium sized garlic cloves
- 6 to 10 small sized curry leaves
- 100 to 150 grams cashews (optional)
- Few mustard seeds (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
Quick tip: Increase or decrease the quantity of rice as per your requirement and availability and do the same for the remaining ingredients. Add the number of dried red chillies depending on the amount of pungent in them. Do not add water to this unless absolutely necessary. If you want it tastier add ghee for all the frying and sautéing part.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Peel off the garlic cloves and fry some cashews and keep aside
- Add some oil in a non stick pan or any other pan of your choice. Add mustard seeds, red chillies, chilli powder, curry leaves and salt. Wait for splutter. Mix well.
- Add the garlic cloves, make sure it’s not burnt
- Add rice to the mix and fry on low fire. Add turmeric powder and continue to mix till it all blends well.
- Remove from burner and garnish with some cashews
Your masala rice delight is ready. Serve it with some chutney and raita and you’re good to go for the next few hours.
Beautiful image source: Google
Liked this one? Here’s more!