A good day could start with some healthy breakfast or it could do with some nice brunch to keep the day going. Here’s something with barely any ingredients required yet promises a full stomach. This here also does not have anything for your visual delight, make it to see it. Go ahead and give it a try!
- 1 kg dosa batter
- 250 to 300 grams pulses (mixed pulses has worked well for me, you can also keep this limited to a single pulse)
- Salt to taste
- Water for consistency
- Use the usual dosa batter that you use for normal dosas
- The pulses need to be soaked overnight for better texture
- Grind the pulses in a mixer or grinder and add it to the dosa batter with a little salt
- Add water for consistency and mix well
- Start pouring dosas into the frying pan the way you would for your other dosas
Quick tip: If you are new to making dosas then use a non stick pan or any other pan of your choice. Make sure it is an appropriate pan and does not make the dosas stick to it. Pour some batter, add oil around the dosa. Wait for it to cook. Turn sides. Wait for it to be cooked. Initially while adding water for consistency, make sure it is not too much as the dosas will turn soggy.
Your mixed pulses dosa is ready to be devoured. Stack up 3 or 4 of these and serve it with chutney or sambar and relish it with a glass of masala buttermilk. You are good to go for a few hours at the least.
To boost up your want to make this, here’s something else you might want to read!