Yes! That’s what I would like to call it.
During untimely common colds, too much phlegm, coughs and sore throats, my mother gave me this home remedy to feel better till the doctor’s consultation. Most of the time, this has been a cure. I consider it to be a good health drink and you can have it on any given day, here is my version of it.
- 2 glasses or 1/4 litre milk
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder or 10 to 15 whole peppercorns to powder
- 1 inch piece of ginger or 1 teaspoon full ginger paste
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon honey*
*Use the quantity of honey/sugar/jaggery depending on whether or not you can bear the pungent that accompanies the magic in this drink
Method: Powder and paste (if using whole peppercorns and ginger)
- Make a powder of the peppercorns with a grinding stone**
- Make a smooth paste of ginger with a grinding stone**
**As the quantity is too minimal unless your grinding mixer or processor supports such small quantities
- Boil milk
- If already boiled, heat milk
- Add turmeric powder
- Add pepper powder and ginger paste and let it keep boiling on a low flame
- Keep stirring with a spoon
- Now add the honey and let it boil some more
- Take it off the stove and filter it for a smooth drink
Optional: you can have it without filtering if you think you can eat up the good stuff in the drink
Your magic potion is ready, serve it hot with some sandwiches. It will be pungent but its great for a healthy day ahead.
There is a possibility that some might vomit after having this, this could be because of a lot of phlegm accumulated or your body being too polluted to take a good health drink. Don’t worry about that! 🙂